Another short-lived ghost distillery sitting within a much larger host, in this case the much celebrated Miltonduff. Following the latter’s acquisition by Hiram Walker in 1936 the distillery underwent considerable expansion in the succeeding years. This included the installation of two Lomond type stills in 1964, the spirit from which was known as Mosstowie. However, by 1981 they had been replaced by conventional stills and Mosstowie ended it short life as a separate make. Most of the product went into the Ballantine’s blend and the occasional independent bottling has appeared from time to time.