Built in 1898 at Fort William, this speculative venture spent much of its 80 odd years of existence closed. It eventually became part of the DCL inventory when the latter took over Associated Scottish Distillers in 1953 and went on to modernize it in the years that followed, However, Glenlochy was eventually closed in 1983 and never reopened. The site was sold for redevelopment as a hotel in 1991 and Glenlochy’s buildings have since been demolished although the original maltings and kilns have survived as residential accommodation.
The full Glenlochy story is told in the unusual book The Whisky GPS by Louis Reps, which is reviewed in Whisky Biblioteca. Not much of the whisky still around, although there were a couple of official bottlings in the Rare Malts series and some unofficial ones