This is a “ghost” within a living distillery. Like Miltonduff, Glenburgie was home to a pair of ‘Lomond’ stills from 1958 to 1981, which produced a malt whisky known as Glencraig. The Lomond stills were removed in 1981 and replaced by conventional pot stills and so Glencraig had a life of barely 23 years, all of them during Hiram Walker’s ownership of Glenburgie/Glencraig. The latter name was created in honour of the company’s then production director, Willie Craig.
The product went exclusively for blending although some independent bottlings are still knocking around.